By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
BublikArt GalleryBublikArt Gallery
  • Current
  • Art News
  • Art Exhibitions
  • Artists
  • Art Collectors
  • Art Events
  • About
  • Collaboration
Search
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Studio Museum Extends Closure After ‘Sprinkler Emergency’
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
BublikArt GalleryBublikArt Gallery
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Current
  • Art News
  • Art Exhibitions
  • Artists
  • Art Collectors
  • Art Events
  • About
  • Collaboration
  • Advertise
2024 © BublikArt Gallery. All Rights Reserved.
BublikArt Gallery > Blog > Art Collectors > Studio Museum Extends Closure After ‘Sprinkler Emergency’
Art Collectors

Studio Museum Extends Closure After ‘Sprinkler Emergency’

Irina Runkel
Last updated: 27 January 2026 21:11
Published 27 January 2026
Share
2 Min Read
SHARE


The Studio Museum in Harlem will remain closed through February 7 to work on repairs related to a “sprinkler emergency” that forced visitors to evacuate on Friday.

As first reported by Hyperallergic, visitors were instructed to leave after water began pouring from a ceiling near the gift shop. 

“We saw a large pool of water on the floor near the entrance, and saw the water flowing down in the store,” a witness told the publication. The museum initially announced a weekend-long closure; however, the sprinkler situation evidently required more extensive maintenance.

Related Articles

A spokesperson for the Studio Museum said a sprinkler was damaged during preparations for a weekend storm that ultimately dropped a record-breaking 11 inches of snow on Manhattan and sent temperatures plunging into the teens. “No artworks or galleries were affected,” the spokesperson. Video footage posted by a visitor shows water flowing onto gift-shop shelves that had been emptied. The closure comes at an inauspicious moment for the museum, which only reopened in November in a high-profile new home designed by David Adjaye’s Adjaye Associates. 

“All programs and events will be cancelled,” the Studio Museum announced today, adding that ticketholders will be refunded for visits planned between Wednesday, January 28 and Friday, February 6.  

“We apologize in advance for any inconvenience and look forward to welcoming you back to the Museum,” the statement ended.

You Might Also Like

Catalonia Sues Aragón for Repayment Over Restitution of 56 Artworks

TEFAF New York 2026 Opens With Strong Crowds and Optimistic Dealers

A Colored Diamond Ring Sold for Over $17 Million At Christie’s Geneva

Megadealer Larry Gagosian Is the Subject of Unauthorized Documentary

Egypt Unveils 3,500-Year-Old Coffins at Luxor’s Abu el-Naga

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Previous Article A Delightfully Tactile Stop-Motion Music Video Pieces Together 300 Ceramic Tiles — Colossal A Delightfully Tactile Stop-Motion Music Video Pieces Together 300 Ceramic Tiles — Colossal
Next Article Guggenheim Museum Reveals 2025 Acquisitions Guggenheim Museum Reveals 2025 Acquisitions
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BublikArt GalleryBublikArt Gallery
2024 © BublikArt Gallery. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Security
  • About
  • Collaboration
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?