By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
BublikArt GalleryBublikArt Gallery
  • Current
  • Art News
  • Art Exhibitions
  • Artists
  • Art Collectors
  • Art Events
  • About
  • Collaboration
Search
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Eugenio Viola Says Museo de Arte Moderno de Bogotá Ended His Contract Over Labor Issues
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
BublikArt GalleryBublikArt Gallery
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Current
  • Art News
  • Art Exhibitions
  • Artists
  • Art Collectors
  • Art Events
  • About
  • Collaboration
  • Advertise
2024 © BublikArt Gallery. All Rights Reserved.
BublikArt Gallery > Blog > Art News > Eugenio Viola Says Museo de Arte Moderno de Bogotá Ended His Contract Over Labor Issues
Art News

Eugenio Viola Says Museo de Arte Moderno de Bogotá Ended His Contract Over Labor Issues

Irina Runkel
Last updated: 17 February 2026 18:27
Published 17 February 2026
Share
2 Min Read
SHARE


Earlier this month, the Museo de Arte Moderno de Bogotá announced on Instagram that it had terminated its contract with longtime artistic director Eugenio Viola. Now, Viola is claiming that the board of directors did so after he raised concerns with working conditions at the museum.

In a statement to the Art Newspaper, Viola, who began serving as artistic director in 2019, said, “The board of directors ended my contract early, not due to any artistic or leadership deficiencies. My departure followed my decision to raise concerns with the board in September 2025 regarding the progressive deterioration of working conditions—concerns shared by several team members. Instead of conducting an internal review, the board dismissed these issues and terminated my contract.”

Related Articles

The museum, in its official statement on February 6, said that the decision to move on from Viola came “as a result of a comprehensive and ongoing review of the different aspects that make up our museum.” MAMBO also said it had already begun the process of selecting a new artistic director.

The museum did not respond to a request for comment on Viola’s accusations about his contract termination at press time.

Prior to his tenure at MAMBO, Viola was a senior curator at the Perth Institute of Contemporary Arts in Australia. He also held positions at the Museum D’arte Contemporanea Donneregina in Naples, Italy, and curated the Italian Pavilion at the 2022 Venice Biennale.

You Might Also Like

French diplomat to replace Jack Lang as head of Paris’s Arab World Institute – The Art Newspaper

Ireland announces long-term income support for artists—but some from pilot scheme say they have been left in limbo – The Art Newspaper

UK artist resale right at 20: how successful has the pioneering scheme been? – The Art Newspaper

Barbican arts head Devyani Saltzman leaves role after 18 months – The Art Newspaper

5 Outstanding Artists at the Diriyah Contemporary Art Biennale 2026

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Previous Article Anne-Claire Legendre Named Head of Institut du Monde Arabe Anne-Claire Legendre Named Head of Institut du Monde Arabe
Next Article Judge Orders Reinstatement of Slavery Display at Washington’s House Judge Orders Reinstatement of Slavery Display at Washington’s House
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BublikArt GalleryBublikArt Gallery
2024 © BublikArt Gallery. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Security
  • About
  • Collaboration
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?