By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
BublikArt GalleryBublikArt Gallery
  • Current
  • Art News
  • Art Exhibitions
  • Artists
  • Art Collectors
  • Art Events
  • About
  • Collaboration
Search
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Arts Panel Approves Trump’s Proposed White House Ballroom
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
BublikArt GalleryBublikArt Gallery
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Current
  • Art News
  • Art Exhibitions
  • Artists
  • Art Collectors
  • Art Events
  • About
  • Collaboration
  • Advertise
2024 © BublikArt Gallery. All Rights Reserved.
BublikArt Gallery > Blog > Art Collectors > Arts Panel Approves Trump’s Proposed White House Ballroom
Art Collectors

Arts Panel Approves Trump’s Proposed White House Ballroom

Irina Runkel
Last updated: 20 February 2026 22:47
Published 20 February 2026
Share
2 Min Read
SHARE


On Thursday, President Donald Trump came one step closer to building his $400 million White House ballroom, when an arts commission packed with allies approved designs for the project. Instead of holding a preliminary vote, the Commission of Fine Arts bypassed the usual review process and gave its final approval of the proposal; this means it will not be subject to further review by the CFA.

The seven-person commission voted six-to-zero in favor of the plans; the ballroom’s original architect James McCrery recused himself. The vote came despite mass opposition to the project, with the panel’s secretary Thomas Luebke saying during the meeting that he had received thousands of messages from concerned members of the public across the country.

Related Articles

Luebke noted that “The general comments were that they were concerned about the illegal demolition without permits or oversight, inappropriate scale that will dwarf the White House, the violation of historic preservation principles, a lack of transparency in funding and contracting and a fundamental miscarriage of democratic principles.”

Last October, Trump tore down the White House’s East Wing to make way for the proposed ballroom. In the same month, he fired all six of the original members of the CFA, replacing them with loyalists this year. And in November, McCrery stepped back from the project over disagreements about the ballroom’s size; he was replaced by Shalom Baranes.

Since then, Trump has moved to exert control over the National Capital Planning Commission, the next panel to review the designs, installing his former personal lawyer Will Scharf as chairman. The NCPC also plans to fast-track final approval for the project.

The NCPC’s review will take place on March 5. Public comments are open for that meeting, and the National Trust for Historic Preservation is encouraging the public to submit written statements or register to speak.

Trump has said he wants to have the ballroom finished within a year and a half.

You Might Also Like

Ashley Stewart Rödder, Senior Director At Gagosian, Dies

Bard College to Launch ‘Review’ of President’s Ties to Jeffrey Epstein

John Akomfrah, Isaac Julien Sign Letter in Support of Devyani Saltzman

Frida Kahlo Great-Niece Says Commercialization of Artist Went Too Far

Epstein Files Show Leon Black’s Links to Indicted Antiquities Dealer

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Previous Article Remains of 19th-century schooner resurface on New Jersey coast – The Art Newspaper Remains of 19th-century schooner resurface on New Jersey coast – The Art Newspaper
Next Article All the Art You Need to See During L.A. Art Week 2026 All the Art You Need to See During L.A. Art Week 2026
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BublikArt GalleryBublikArt Gallery
2024 © BublikArt Gallery. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Security
  • About
  • Collaboration
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?